June 2019 ACM EIG-ENERGY Newsletter
- ACM e-Energy 2019 Call for Participation
- IEEE JSAC SI on Communications and Data Analytics in Smart Grid — Call for Papers
- ACM BuildSys 2019 Call For Papers
- Posting additional information (contact Arun Vishwanath: firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. ACM e-Energy 2019 Call for Participation
ACM e-Energy is the premier forum featuring cutting-edge research at the intersection of computing and communication technologies with energy systems. This year’s ACM e-Energy is organized as part of ACM FCRC 2019, along with several other ACM conferences including SIGMETRICS, EC, COLT and STOC.
The conference will be held between June 25th-28th, 2019, in Phoenix, AZ,
– Keynote by Prof. Adam Wierman, California Institute of Technology, USA
– Main-conference program contains 26 full papers and 12 notes papers, plus a poster session.
– 5 FCRC plenary seminars during the entire FCRC week (3 during ACM e-Energy main-conference)
– Turing lecture given by Profs. Geoffrey Hinton and Yann LeCun at FCRC on June 23rd.
– Best Paper Award announced at the conference banquet (included with every main-conference registration)
– 3 co-located workshops on June 25th: on Energy Data and Analytics, Electricity Market Engineering, and Applied Machine Learning for Intelligent Energy Systems.
– 4 co-located tutorials on June 25th
– Student travel grants thanks to the generous support of NSF and ACM SIGCOMM.
– See updated program information at https://energy.acm.org/conferences/eenergy/2019
General Chairs: Xiaojun Lin (Purdue University, USA), Steven Low (Caltech, USA)
Program Chairs: Suman Banerjee (University of Wisconsin, USA), Sebastian Lehnhoff (University of Oldenburg, Germany)
2. IEEE JSAC SI on Communications and Data Analytics in Smart Grid — Call for Papers
Paper submission deadline 7 June 2019.
This special issue is soliciting original research papers focusing on Communications and Data Analytics for
– Smart Metering, Demand Response and Dynamic Pricing
– Energy Storage and Electric Vehicles
– Active Distribution Grids and Microgrids
– Cyber Security, Privacy, and Resilience for Smart Grids
– Transactive Energy
– Energy Internet and Energy System Integration
– Distribution and Transmission Synchrophasor Networks
More information can be found at
All submissions have to be prepared according to the Guide for Authors as published in the Journal website at
http://www.comsoc.org/jsac/paper-submission-guidelines and must be submitted via EDAS.
Manuscript Due: June 7, 2019 (NEW Deadline)
First revision notification: August 1, 2019
Acceptance notification: Oct. 1, 2019
Final manuscript due: Oct. 15, 2019
Expected publication of the special issue: First Quarter, 2020
Yingjun Angela Zhang, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, email@example.com
Hans-Peter Schwefel, GridData GmbH, Germany, & Aalborg University, Denmark, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamed Mohsenian-Rad, University of California at Riverside, USA, email@example.com
Christian Wietfeld, TU Dortmund, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chen Chen, Argonne National Laboratory, USA, email@example.com
Hamid Gharavi, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ACM BuildSys 2019 Call For Papers
The 6th ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient
Buildings, Cities, and Transportation (ACM BuildSys) will be held Nov 13-14
at Columbia University in New York, USA. Please see important dates below.
• Abstract Registration: June 15, 2019, AOE.
• Paper Submission: June 22, 2019, AOE. (No further extension will be granted)
Additional information can be found at http://buildsys.acm.org/2019/
4. Posting additional information
If you would like to post additional information such as academic job opportunities, Ph.D. scholarships, or a new energy systems course, then please send me the details and I will include them in the next monthly newsletter. My email address is email@example.com.
As always, the ACM EIG-ENERGY website has the latest information. We
welcome you to peruse it https://energy.acm.org/