February 2021 ACM SIGEnergy Newsletter
- Workshops at ACM e-Energy 2021 – Call for papers
- DACH+ Conference on Energy Informatics 2021 – Call for papers
- Honours: Prof. Steven Low elevated to ACM Fellow
- Honours: Prof. Suman Banerjee elevated to ACM Fellow
- Faculty Job Openings in HKUST (Guangzhou campus)
- ACM SIGEnergy resource for energy-related data sets
- Posting additional information (contact Arun Vishwanath: firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Workshops at ACM e-Energy 2021 – Call for papers
There are 4 workshops collocated with ACM e-Energy 2021. They are:
a. Applied Machine Learning for Intelligent Energy Systems (AMLIES) – submission deadline 9 April
b. Energy-Efficient Data Centres (E2DC2021) – deadline 31 March
c. Workshop on Energy Efficiency Learning at the Edge (WEEE) – deadline 31 March
d. Workshop on Energy Data Visualization (EnergyVis) – deadline 30 April
Please visit https://energy.acm.org/conferences/eenergy/2021/workshops.php for the detailed call for papers.
2. DACH+ Conference on Energy Informatics 2021 – Call for papers
This year’s DACH+ Conference on Energy Informatics as well as the Doctoral Workshop will take place in Freiburg, Germany on 16-17 September 2021. The objective of the DACH+ conference series on Energy Informatics is to promote the research, development, and implementation of information and communication technologies in the energy domain and to foster the exchange between academia, industry, and service providers in the German-Austrian-Swiss region and its neighbouring countries (DACH+).
Paper deadline: 19 April.
For the detailed CFP please refer to https://energy-informatics2021.org/#:~:text=The%20objective%20of%20the%20DACH%2B,Austrian%2DSwiss%20region%20and%20its
3. Honours: Prof. Steven Low elevated to ACM Fellow
Please join me in congratulating Prof. Steven Low from Caltech on being elevated to ACM Fellow! See the announcement here https://awards.acm.org/award_winners/low_1122456. Prof. Low has been very active in our community.
4. Honours: Prof. Suman Banerjee elevated to ACM Fellow
Please join me in congratulating Prof. Suman Banerjee from University of Wisconsin on being elevated to ACM Fellow! See the announcement here https://awards.acm.org/award_winners/banerjee_2544948. Prof. Banerjee has also been very active in our community, serving as TPC Chair of ACM e-Energy 2019.
5. Faculty Job Openings in HKUST (Guangzhou campus)
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) invites applications for founding faculty positions at all levels at Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor rank in Internet of Things (IoT) Thrust for its new campus in Guangzhou (GZ). For details please visit
6. ACM SIGEnergy resource for energy-related data sets
The ACM SIGEnergy website has a Resources page with a variety of data sets freely available for use by the energy community. It is available at https://energy.acm.org/resources/
We invite each of you to share any energy-related data sets, models and software that we have not added to this page. Please send this information directly to Omid Ardakanian at email@example.com.
7. Posting additional information
If you would like to post additional information such as academic job opportunities, Ph.D. scholarships, or a new energy systems course, then please send me the details and I will include them in the next monthly newsletter. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, the ACM SIGEnergy website has the latest information. We welcome you to peruse it https://energy.acm.org/
Communications Director, ACM SIGEnergy