Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment
Discrimination and Harassment are not tolerated at ACM events. This includes abuse, discriminatory harassment and sexual harassment. Unacceptable behaviours include, but are not limited to:
- intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any participant in ACM activities, at all related events and in one-on-one communications carried out in the context of ACM activities;
- offensive, degrading, humiliating, harmful, or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, appearance, or other personal characteristics;
- unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal/physical conduct of a sexual nature;
- inappropriate or gratuitous use of nudity, sexual images, or stereotyped images including using an activity-related communication channel to display or distribute sexually explicit or otherwise offensive or discriminatory images or messages;
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following;
- harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact;
- physical assault (including unwelcome touch or groping);
- real or implied threat of physical harm;
- real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- remove an individual from any ACM activity without warning or refund;
- prohibit an individual from participating in future ACM activities, including publishing in ACM publications;
- exclude an individual from ACM leadership positions;
- exclude any individual from deriving other benefits from ACM activities;
- suspend or terminate membership in ACM.
Any individual who experiences harassment (as described above) at any ACM activity should follow the Procedures for Reporting Unacceptable Behavior.Addressing Grievances
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Policy Against Harassment at ACM Activities you should notify [email protected] with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be thoroughly investigated. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing procedures.
For more information, please see the details of the policy against harassment on the ACM page here.
ACM e-Energy 2020 Location